Monday, August 13, 2018

Losing My Mind

The sun comes up, I think about you


The coffee cup, I think about you


I want you so, it's like I'm losing my mind


The morning ends, I think about you

I talk to friends, I think about you

And do they know it's like I'm losing my mind?

All afternoon doing every little chore


The thought of you stays bright


Sometimes I stand in the middle of the floor


Not going left, not going right


I dim the lights and think about you


Spend sleepless nights to think about you


You said you loved me, or were you just being kind?


Or am I losing my mind?


I want you so, it's like I'm losing my mind


Does no one knows it's like I'm losing my mind


The preceding photographic portfolio contains the work of three gifted and inspired artists: Julian S. Kalinowski, Thanos Samaras, and Tania Lawrence. Together they collaborated on the creation of a unique and very limited series of Sylvain dolls, all imbued with a wealth of references to film and television. Kalinowski's S-Girl Sylvain - in delicately rendered severity of face - is the heroine, coiffed to utter perfection in the hard cap, human hair wigs of Samaras, and dressed by the ingenious Lawrence. The dolls have painted pates and the wigs are not glued on (the fit is custom) so that the character may change styles.

The lyrics from Stephen Sondheim's "Loosing My Mind" -from his musical Follies- provide the captions to the narrative of the images. Together these magnificent elements meld to engender an impacting series of dolls.

To learn more about this exclusive collection, visit the artists boutiques: Kalinowskiland and Don't Ever Love Me or his FB page.

Kalinowski may also be contacted via email.

Dolldom leaves you with singer extraordinaire Ute Lemper's cover of the Sondheim classic:


1 comment:

  1. I adore this post. I come back to it every so often to marvel at your beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete