Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Something Cool

If it's not happy hour were you are, there is still a way to indulge in all things cool. Julian S. Kalinowski's S-Girls and LizRetros join forces to give us all the best concoction for an immediate buzz: beauty and glamour.

Accompanied by June Christy's ever-gorgeous classic, "Something Cool", Sylvain, Stella and Sable prove to be the coolest gals in town wearing LizRetros' newest collection of exuberant hand-sewn fashions in a spiffy set decorated with furniture built by Mr. Retros.

S- Girls by Julian S. Kalinowski
LizRetros' B&G


Something cool,
Something cool,
Something cool,
I'd like to order something cool!


Virgin Queen. A sober black cotton knit dress with copper Lurex threads is mood-enhancing and will never give a headache the morning after. Jewelry by Joy Jarred. Apostrophe chair by Maryann Roy.

Something cool,
I'd like to order something cool,
It's so warm here in town,
And the heat gets me down,
Yes, I'd like something cool!



My! It's nice to simply sit and rest awhile,
Now I know it's a shame,
I can't think of your name,
I remember your smile!


Three-Manhattan Lunch. Stella indulges in this sensational raw silk coat and vintage sparkly knit mini dress ensemble. Beaded belt also by LizRetros. Apostrophe chair by Maryann Roy.

I don't ordinarily drink with strangers,
I most usually drink alone.
You were so awfully nice to me,
And I'm so terribly far from home.



Like my dress?
I must confess it's terribly old,
But it's simple and neat,
It's just right for the heat,
Save my furs for the cold!


Lettuce Drink. Stella is as refreshing as a crisp wedge of Iceberg in her vintage tricot mini dance dress. Necklace by Joy Jarred. Apostrophe chair by Maryann Roy.

A cigarette? Well I don't smoke them as a rule,
but I'll have one,
It might be fun
With something cool!



I'll bet you couldn't imagine
That I one time had a house
With so many rooms I couldn't count them all!


Curaçao! Blue is her color as blue is her mood! Sylvain heads directly to the bar in a silk and mini paillette gown with back zipper closure.

I'll bet you couldn't imagine
I had fifteen different beaus
Who would beg and beg to take me to a ball.

I'll bet you couldn't picture me
The time I went to Paris in the Fall,
And who would think the man I loved was quite so handsome,
Quite so tall?



Well it's true,
It's just a memory I have,
One I almost forgot
'Cause the weather's so hot!
And I'm feeling so bad


My Glass Runs Over. Sometimes, the event calls for pulling out all stops. And this showstopper is the definition of exuberance with it's mile-long scarf and magenta ruffles. Sable loves the figure-hugging fit and her photographer agrees.

About a date,
Oh wait!
I'm such a fool!
He's just a guy
Who's stopped to buy
Me something cool!




S- Girls by Julian S. Kalinowski

LizRetros' B&G

 





1 comment: