Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Falling in Love Again

It happens. And when it does, it's a wonderful feeling. Love regained. In love once again with someone already loved.



JAMIEshow's Marlena doll is a Dolldom treasure, much loved and enjoyed. Nonetheless she the perfect illustration of that falling-in-love-again occurrence. Her wig cap, blonde and shiny, arrived just a few days back from the beauty salon of Kathy Johnson, hairstylist to Miss Gene Marshall and one of the most popular names in reconstruction of hair. Mrs. Johnson is a treasure in the fashion doll collecting community for her unique ability to sculpt hair and to tame out-of-control tresses. When Dolldom's editors saw Marlena's refreshed wig cap, there was no doubt that the event ought be commemorated with a photo portfolio. And a song. Perhaps one of Marlene Dietrich's iconic tunes. We could not be more in love. Thank you, Mrs. Kathy Johnson!



Falling in love again
Never wanted to
What am I to do?
I can't help it

Love's always been my game
Play it how I may
I was made that way
I can't help it


Men cluster to me
Like moths around a flame
And if their wings burn
I know I'm not to blame


Falling in love again
Never wanted to
What am I to do?
I just can't help it



For information on how to contact Kathy Johnson's appointment desk, please leave us a message below.


1 comment:

  1. This is probably my favorite JS doll. She is just stunning, and I'm so glad I was able to buy her. I love what was done with her wig cap, too. My only wish was that the original outfit fit better. It seemed off slightly to me. She dresses and poses beautifully!

    ReplyDelete